Monday, February 9, 2009

Fin

Yesterday was technically my last post, but I felt something more final and lengthy was in order... so here is an extra for those of you who actually follow this regularly. ;)

This has been an incredibly strange and wonderful project for me. It began as a way to be involved and stay connected to UU life as I made my way toward divinity school with tiny, tiny little steps. Yet, oddly enough, part of the realization encompassed in my journey has been that now is not the time to pursue such a course—nor am I entirely sure that's the correct destination.

The intent of this blog always had a spiritual component; what I did not expect was how introspective and reflective that process would become, nor what changes it would bring about in me and the way in which I actively make meaning in my life on a continuing basis.

I have found, in seeking to better understand and articulate my joys and sorrows, I have become more attuned to the experiences of others, as well as more cognizant of the ways in which we are all linked together and interdependently connected along multiple levels within our day-to-day existence.

And now is, perhaps, a time to remember that connection. Layoffs continue to escalate, violence threatens the safety and welfare of millions across the globe, natural resources are beginning to look much less attractive as our sole means of energy subsistence, and the values upon which many societies across the world base their belief systems and actions are—one might say—increasingly flawed or at least questionable because they fail to recognize the inherent value and worth of the other (whoever that other may be).

So maybe it's a good idea to reach out and simultaneously self-reflect and get our sense of scope and definition of purpose in order so that we may assist those around us more effectively and provide a source of renewal and hope to those who touch our lives.

Maybe you do that through blogging, or music, or theatre, or teaching, or writing, or your weekend hobby, or your projects in church, or any number of places. Maybe you're not doing it yet, but you've been thinking about it and just need a tiny little nudge to jump off the precipice named "unknown" and throw yourself out into the world in a more public and vulnerable way. Maybe you only have the time and space to focus on yourself right now and to get to a place of greater balance, peace, and health.

Whatever you may be doing, I wish you much joy, learning, and even the ocassional sorrow because it all has purpose in the end.

In the meantime, I will continue to ponder the question that seems incredibly interwoven in my meaning-making:

Is it the path that defines you, or you who define the path?

Thank you for being with me on this journey. Perhaps I will have more to add one day in the future. Until then, be well and always remember you are loved.

6 comments:

plaidshoes said...

I have really enjoyed your blog. You also gave me a lot to reflect upon. I hope you check in every once in awhile!

Michelle Hope said...

I have also really enjoyed your blog. I look forward to your posts every day. I hope you keep writing! Thank you for sharing yourself with us.

dinabear said...

Thank you for sharing so much with us Genevra.

Anonymous said...

Joy: this past year of reading your thoughts, musings, introspection, and learning.

Sorrow: this is your last post.

Claff said...

What "anonymous" said!

I hope you blog again, G.

apnidigitalduniya said...

Best free local business listing website in Faridabad. These sites help your business to get huge traffic from targeted customers.