Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Nice Day

There are few things better than an impromptu afternoon picnic with your family in the middle of a blissfully beautiful day of sunshine and light breezes and the fresh, optimistic scent of fall.

Childhood memories of pumpkins and apples, fallen leaves and thick sweaters, hayrides and bonfires abound.

Meanwhile, I watch my little bunny cavort among the playground goodies... eager to climb, run, jump, and move with speed throughout her landscape of brightly colored fun. I look at my partner, my husband, my friend and feel so grateful to be joined... to be living this day together and so lucky as to have these moments of time together - all of us as a family.

The water dances, the trees gossip, and the sun reaches down with warm, long fingers to wrap us together at the end of September as we heave a happy sigh.

No comments: