Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Pot and the Kettle (a bit of venting doggerel)

Petty, petty.
Don't be so petty.
Hasn't it been
enough already?

What magic words
do you wait to hear?
What unmet picture
is held so dear

That you push away
and just shut down,
Meet outreached hands
with scoffs and frowns?

I love you seems
to go unheard.
I miss you somehow
vague and blurred.

I truly think
it's strange, in fact,
to be held to standards
you seem to lack.

And yet, the truth,
so plain to see:
you're woven
into everything.

A part of all,
essential and wanted...
never forgotten
or taken for granted.

One day I hope
for peace between us
no matter what happens
or where fate leads us.

3 comments:

plaidshoes said...

This is not doggerel. I really like it.

Robin Edgar said...

I like it too. I can see how it could be U*Useful to me. I might even plagU*Urize it. ;-)

I will however give more than a little honest attribution, aka credit where credit is due, if I do.

Regards,

Robin Edgar

P.S. For some reason beyond my current understanding the word verification code for this comment is benslaut. Maybe it's a reference to Expelled or something. :-)

Genevra said...

Thank you, plaidshoes! And Robin... by all means feel free to use it as you see fit. I think it's great you found connection and something that will link to your UU work!!