Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Which Stream Are You Standing In?

I have really started to understand lately - nay even grok, as Kim might say - how intensely experience-altering shifting one's perspective can be. I have started to see the ways I am in control of my living.

The experiencing of my life rests upon the meaning I make of it, which connects to the perspective or filter I use when translating the events of each day into meaning. So... the more I am able to choose to see joy, to look for the high points or the blessings or the gifts, the more the story of my experience becomes one that is positive and optimistic.

Of course, I have also realized lately what a hard time I tend to have in doing this. But at least the concept has become much, much clearer. As if I can see the dance and I know the steps, I just haven't mastered putting them all together yet without tripping every now and then.

Today I am thankful for being exactly where I am supposed to be,
for the support of good people who are loving and kind and generous with their strengths,
for people who always choose to smile and select kind words and tell jokes,
for being stronger for the difficult times,
for seeing I have grown,
for being open to my weaknesses and accepting the challenge of change,
for the beauty of music, the complexity of life, and the dichotomous simplicity and chaos of existence.

1 comment:

plaidshoes said...

I am working on this, too. It is not as easy as it you would think!