Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Woven

I found out shortly after writing my post yesterday that a death has touched our Fellowship. I don't feel comfortable giving details, but I think everyone - even those who don't know the family really well - are heartsick.

It's amazing, in ways that can be both joyous and sorrowful, how becoming a member of a church or fellowship can expand and change your experience, because it extends your "family." Suddenly, you are interconnected to hundreds more lives, and their happinesses and sadnesses weave with your own.

Sometimes I think it's helpful to formally extend prayers or blessings to others. A way of moving thought, to word, to action. And so... this is my chance to pray for their peace and comfort. If you feel comfortable doing such things for strangers, then perhaps you can too.

No comments: