Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Asking

I found out tonight my cousin, Kathy, has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. For some of you, I've already been asking for prayers on behalf of the son of some good friends of ours, and for others... you may not have known about any of it.

I ask for your prayers, thoughts, love, energy or whatever you want to name it on behalf of Kathy, her partner, and her family. I think we are all stunned, and those who are closest to her especially are going to need a lot of strength and calming to get through these next few weeks.

For Kathy, a miracle would be nice. Something that takes all the doctors by surprise. In these situations, that sort of thing would always be wonderful... and maybe the most faithful among us help those things come to pass.

We want her back home where she can see friends and family, and I know everyone wants her to be as comfortable as possible. So forgive the personal request, because I know I've been asking for a lot lately for my loved ones who are struggling... but if you are able, it is always appreciated.

4 comments:

plaidshoes said...

She is in my prayers. I can't imagine what you all are going through.

Claff said...

Got plenty of good vibes to spare. I'll send some her way. I'm so sorry. Here's hoping for a winter miracle. xxxxoooo

Michelle Hope said...

So sorry to hear this...saying prayers for her and your family.

Genevra said...

Thank you so much to everyone. I truly appreciate your thoughts and support.