Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Gift

We celebrated Christmas again today in order to open our presents to one another and the gifts sent by Andy's family. As is often the case, my husband created an amazingly original, thoughtful, and creative gift for me that was just stunning in its concept and execution.

It really blew me away, and I think it's the most incredible thing he's ever done for me - which is saying quite a lot because this guy has really put together some insanely extraordinary presents over the years. I mean, really.

He took all of my poems from this blog, along with a few key posts, and created a book on CafePress, complete with cover art, chapter headings, and a foreword written by him that is sweet, inspirational, and loving.

It's really stunning, and actually a very cool little book. I may add more poems once I've reached my 1-year mark for this blog (at which time I may retire it and move on to something else), or perhaps it will remain a gift only I see... something to provide encouragement, appreciation, and hope.

No comments: