Monday, December 22, 2008

Mourning

Here's what I loved about Kathy... she had the best, most wonderful laughter you might ever hear. It was infectious and soft with a hint of mischievous, elfin charm behind twinkling eyes and an incredible youth. Her voice was smoky pool hall and precocious child all rolled into one, and her interests and passions ranged so far she could find common ground with anyone she met. Kathy was one of our best history keepers, with a lightning sharp memory and a penchant for good stories. She was grounded like a tree rooted deep into the Earth, and whenever I spent time with her, I was always struck by how calm I felt in her presence. I think she just made me feel safe. Calm, and safe. She gave amazing hugs, and she could charm any child or animal - which I believe is the sign of the very purest kind of soul.

I so wish we had more time with her.

3 comments:

plaidshoes said...

I am so sorry. She sounds like she was a wonderful person.

Michelle Hope said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. She sounds like a really amazing woman.

Genevra said...

Thank you both very much for your thoughts and kind words. I really appreciate it. :)